About our company
Healthcare is a $3.2T industry. While clinical care is more advanced than ever, successful patient engagement has proven to be healthcare’s biggest challenge. It’s costing us $33B each year - in avoidable hospital admittances, higher treatment costs, low prescription adherence and preventable deaths. We can do better.
LifeLink’s healthcare-specific technology platform enables hospitals, pharma companies and insurers to transform thousands of patient workflows into automated chatbot conversations.
We’re a passionate team that’s built large-scale enterprise solutions before, and we’re backed by a world-class board.
Our goals are ambitious, and our success will depend on assembling an exceptional team that’s creative, collaborative, and driven.
About the position
The Senior Software Engineer will
- Build LifeLink’s bot platform, patient chat channel, and care manager and administrative interfaces
- Participate in creating agile and effective team processes and culture
- Efficiently deliver customer value by writing reliable, high quality code
- Communicate constructively and collaboratively with team members to build a product suite that delights users
- Write extensible code with high automated test coverage
- Contribute to team decisions about system architecture and the selection of technical tools
- Build scalable, auditable, and reliable integrations with external partner and customer systems including electronic medical record (EMR) systems
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise and resolve technical challenges.
- Understand business concerns and contribute to brainstorming pragmatic options to address them
Required skill set
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate closely as part of a team
- 7+ years experience in software engineering
- Experience with agile practices including continuous integration, frequent releases, test-driven development, and pair programming
Experience with one or more of the following
- Building API services on the JVM in Spring, Grails, Play or similar
- NodeJS applications
Other skills that will impress us
- Deep knowledge of any of the following: React, Spring, Grails, Node JS, Dev Ops
- React SPAs: ES6, Redux, Flow
- Broad exposure to modern programming languages like Ruby, Python, Objective C, JVM languages such as Java, Spring, Clojure, Groovy, Scala
- OOP and functional programming
- Asynchronous distributed systems
- Data processing and analytics at scale
- Dev ops with AWS and Docker containers
- Healthcare databases, health informatics and healthcare security protocols
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation and early stage equity commensurate with experience. Full health benefits package and open PTO policy.
(Just 2 blocks from 12th Street BART)
(a few blocks from Coors Field)
Please send a resume, cover letter and your GitHub handle to email@example.com.
Use the subject “[Senior Engineer]”.